Friday, September 12, 2014

As Frodo once said how do you, pick up the pieces of your life when so much evil has been dune to you where do you begin again. I know a lot of people asked me what really happened to me, mom and dad. So here goes another quick retelling in March of 2007 we lost our house we had lived in sense April 1971, I was six months old at the time and had no clue how cruel the world can be. That was a long time to live in one place sense then in the last few years I myself some with my parents some without have lived in 7 different places. I moved my parents from Flagstaff Arizona to Las Vegas Nevada, My Dad lived just short of 1 year and a day sense we moved and died on June 15th 2009 Ironically after we had burred him I discovered it was exactly 10 years to the day sense we buried his mother my grandmother who was known to all as Kay Hedges. 

After words I was home less for a month because we had no income coming in dud to SSI having to reissue Dads check to mom and mom no longer getting her check and me waiting on the state of Arizona to reissue dads check to me after that I managed to get me and mom a 1 one bedroom for us to live in. Fortunately for mom she was in a rehab facility at the time, so she had a place to stay I just slept in a van and ate whatever people gave me.
Due to this lack of money and that most of the people who was helping to keep urland universe up and running bailed on me they had their own worries to worry about and I understood why they bailed and harbor no ill feelings towards them. But like a good captain my digital self-went down with the digital ship. I should say it was the economy taking a dump I was not the only one who lost their house a lot of people did and they lost their jobs as well. So for lack of money I closed Urland Univese dot com. 

Star Trek the Experience was closing by the time the website went off and I thought it was fitting the website that was started by Star Trek the Experience opening is now being closed around the same time STE closed a good 10 year run for both. I am sure most of my friends and former customers will probably ask will I restart it again? The answer is no that is why I started this blog instead to retro-aspect my past accomplishments and failures and move on with my life.
Mom ended up in July of 2011 going to the hospital then to another facility from there she did not last long and went into hospice and died September 29th 2011 it was almost 2 weeks after her 73rd birthday. I was resigned to move back into to storage with the little bit of money I had live out of the fan like a homeless person but an aquatinted gummer friend I had met was not about to let that happen so her comes the tales I could write about me and Jimmell Akers he became my roommate and a good friend and I still, miss your zany smile and off the wall humor. I will always be grateful to you for helping me out during what would have been a dark time in my life you were my light then who kept me going when I wanted to give up and help me to put my life back together again even though we had to use super glue to do it with haha. Jimmell got me to finally get on face book where I trolled and lived for nearly a year and half meeting new friends like David Wayne Newman and hooking up with old ones, like Linda Pruitt, Ron Burrell and others. I find I am retelling the tales all over again haha.


Any wase I had fun in Las Vegas and wanted to stay but instead I had to move back to the state of Arizona and decided to move to Tucson rather back to Flagstaff because I knew I was going to be homeless for a while and new I would probably Freeze to death without shelter another reason why I choose Tucson was it was cheap to live here. I moved here on April 11th 2013 and started on a long journey to find a place to live 3 weeks of wondering around I managed to get into a transitional housing program ran by the Primavera Foundation where I was directed to by a friend on fb Restless  Jim Davis who said he helps veterans in my situation also a few bus drivers told me about them too. They helped me to get off the streets and for 7 long months I had to do my part of the program at times I wondered to myself is this worth it and I kept telling myself it was better than the streets plus I had David Wayne Newman on texting who was my voice of reasoning during this time period, thank you David for your support. 

I finally got and was able to move into a studio apartment inside the Alamo Apartments furnished by the Primavera Foundation, on November 3rd 2013 and guess what I am here now writing this update on my note book before I head out to the library to post this and other things I have planned to post today, but wanted to get this off my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment