Monday, June 26, 2017

Captain Hedges Favorite Qoutes

“Without ambition one starts nothing. Without work one finishes nothing. The prize will not be sent to you. You have to win it.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
“A man either lives life as it happens to him, meets it head-on and licks it, or he turns his back on it and starts to wither away.”  ― Gene Roddenberry
“The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.” ― Arthur C. Clarke
“Until we meet again, may the good Lord take a liking to you.” Roy Rogers
I was asked to write DEFINITIONS AND EXAMPLES in my PRINCIPLES OF PSYCHOLOGY Class I was taking on Different kinds of Memory. 
I think a quote from one of my Favorite Arthur could sum this section of memory up with the following quote; 
"Five senses; an incurably abstract intellect; a haphazardly selective memory; a set of preconceptions and assumptions so numerous that I can never examine more than minority of them - never become conscious of them all. How much of total reality can such an apparatus let through?" – C. S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment